Friday, December 16, 2016

e9 Web Design

Our latest project in e9 was to design our own website using Adobe dreamweaver. We first started by downloading the template for our website from our teacher, which had lots of technical difficulties but we persevered. We then brought the template into Dreamweaver and did a few of our own edits, like adding our name and picture. We added our elevator pitch into the home page, and on the side bar we added a few links to the e-Comm website, the school website, and our blogs. We then created a seperate page for our projects, which would contain, you guessed it, our best projects from quarter 1 & 2. I added my dandelion design, and my six shot film from first quarter. After that, we added the text to the side of the projects, explaining what they were and what we learned from them. We linked the project page to the home page. We then personalized them by adding our own choice of color and fonts.

This project took about three days. We watched videos from one of our instructors on how to do it all, and some times there were issues that would slow us down, such as the problems with downloading the template zip file. I used my time pretty productively though, and still got everything done with my website that needed to be done.

Again, I faced the challenge of downloading the zip file, as the file wasn't on the file where it was supposed to be because another student accidentally took the file for themselves instead of just copying and pasting it. Another challenge I faced was getting the exact colors I wanted, and the font as well.

From designing the web page, I learned the basic principals of coding and a little of how to use Adobe Dreamweaver. I also learned a bit about Adobe Photoshop, as we used that program to size our pictures.

Overall, I find web design fascinating and would like to learn more about coding and how to do different things involving Dreamweaver. I'm considering going into the web design branch later in my e-Comm years. Im also pretty proud of my Website's fail outcome and I feel that I did a pretty good job.






No comments:

Post a Comment