Friday, December 9, 2016

Presentation

     In class, we learned about the importance of presentation skills. There are many important aspects to a good presentation, including eye contact, professional appearance, vocal and facial expression, a loud voice, and posture. All of these components make the difference between a presentation that is completely terrible, and a presentation that is completely fantastic, no matter the information that is being presented.

     As a class, we watched three Ted Talks presentations: one of Bill Gates, Bjorn Lomberg and Jaime Oliver. We then had to rate them based on the afformentioned components listed above. Gates scored high on eye contact, voice, and posture, but fell just a bit short with facial expression. Lomberg was great with eye contact, and loud voice. but lower on professional appearance and posture as he moved around just a bit too much. Oliver was amazing with expression, and great with eye contact, but was dressed very casually and moved across the stage WAY too much.

     Then the time came when we were to present our personal logos to the class. Overall, I feel that I did a pretty good job. I had a loud, clear voice, and made eye contact. However, I sometimes turned my back to look at the screen, and felt I could use more expression and a better posture. These are things I know I can improve on to make any presentations I give in the future much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment